In an increasingly mobile age, where smartphones and tablet computers now dominate the technological landscape, ensuring your business serves consumers wherever they are in the world has become extremely important.
Responsive web design can cater for the needs of visitors to your websites, but many companies can also benefit from having specialty mobile apps developed that help them serve specific needs while also enforcing their branding.
With that in mind, we present a few interesting statistics that demonstrate why you should consider hiring a mobile app developer to help take your business to the next level and ensure it keeps the continually evolving demands of the market.
- According to Statista, there will be 32 billion smartphone users by the end of 2017. That’s almost one-third of the entire population of planet Earth.
- Though websites and search engines are the primary starting points for consumer research into companies and products, a little over a quarter use mobile apps as the starting point when they want to learn more about a company, its purpose, and what it does.
- App installations have been on the rise ever since the introduction of Apple’s App Store. In 2015, the average user downloaded 8 mobile apps to their phones every single month, with that number likely to have risen in the two years that have passed since.
- Mobile apps now account for over 50 percent of the total time people spend across all forms of digital media, with apps expected to have created a total annual revenue of $77 billion (£61 billion) by the end of 2017.
- The importance of making a good first impression needs to be highlighted. According to Google statistics released in 2016, 26 percent of mobile apps are completely abandoned after the first use, often due to poor user interfaces and low-quality implementation.
- Apps dominate over websites when it comes to the amount of time spent on mobile media. Though websites are often the first port of call when it comes to research, users spend 89 percent of their time using apps, in comparison to only 11 percent using mobile websites.
- In examining the world’s 500 leading merchants, it was found that 42 percent of the sales they generated came through their mobile apps.
- In an interesting study of how human behaviour has changed since the introduction of the smartphone, it has been found that 1 in every 2 people makes checking their phones the first thing they do when they wake up.
- The average time users spent on their mobile apps increased by over 20 percent between 2014 and 2015.
- Despite the fact the mobile is such an important part of the current business landscape, over 30 percent of companies still do not have dedicated mobile marketing strategies, such as a website or app, in place.
Mobile has become the driving force in business and you can’t afford to be left in the dust by your competitors. Contact the team at Imobisoft today to find out how we can help you develop the mobile solution that fits your business and its customers.